Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How to Cheat the Lisbon Vote

How to cheat the Lisbon Vote? Tell the council that you've changed address. I rang them, emailed them and sent in a form stamped by the GardaĆ­. I thought I'd done more than what was required to keep things legal. Yet, just like last time, they ignored me. As a result, I can vote twice on Friday.

Perhaps they really think my opinion matters. Perhaps I'm the kind of guy they'd like to see over-represented. Trouble is, even if that were the case, they'd have picked the wrong chump. I'm Lisbon'd out, and I still don't know how to vote. The more I research, the less informed I feel. Opinions polarise like forks in the road. On the one hand I don't want to support the 'Get-Of-Our-Country-You-Smelly-Gypsies' Sinn Fein propaganda. I may not know what I'm talking about most of the time, but I can smell a pile of bullshit if you stick it in my face.  On the other hand, whenever I ask a Yes-Man for feedback, all I get is 'jobs.... free love... and... jobs..."  If it's so fucking important, why can't you explain in it less than a hundred pages?

4.5 million people in Ireland are deciding the fate of hundreds of millions of Europeans.  Is it right to vote yes for something you don't understand?  Tick.  Tock.

DIARIT: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment